View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 01:40 AM   #13
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstepanian View Post
There does seem to be a limited way to get around the NTC (and I assume NMC), and that is to put the player on the trade block and accept one of the incoming offers (if you get one).

I am currently playing as GM of the Canucks and wanted to trade Loui Eriksson, but he has a no-trade so I couldn't do it. I put him on the trade block and got an offer that was not exactly what I would have wanted but was close enough and I was able to accept the trade.

Based on Jeff's response about how the AI has more leeway in making trades I'd guess that somehow that logic gets applied when a trade is offered by the AI (I'd think the same would be true if you shopped the player, but since I haven't done that yet it's just a guess). The trades offered by the AI tend, in my opinion, to be a bit subpar, but in my case, I really just wanted to unload a bad contract so I was ok with it.
I think you are right cuz I traded a NTC player (Carl Soderberg) and he was activating his clause when i was the one making an offer to a team. Somehow i succeeded to trade him. I think i was shoppig him too.
vic24 is offline   Reply With Quote