View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #31
Ultramontane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
most important is to win.

but you also need someone or two who are "captains".

and if you click on each player, and then click on edit, on the left side under "personality" it should give something like "normal" captain" "hustler". If you find "slacker" or worse "cancer", those are good bets to try and unload.

but really, sometimes i've seen those complaints and no one is a stand out problem and i never did figure out a way to boost morale on those squads. so i just got rid of as many under performers as i could and waited for the next draft to change things ... it worked as often as not.
Giving this post a bump as I struggled with the same issue. Started out with a historic league as the 1980's Mets. Team was a mess. No matter what I tried, morale was always garbage and came out dead last. It was isolated to my pitchers at one point so I tried a new pitching coach. Helped for 7 or 8 games but all went downhill quickly. Became so frustrated I let AI manage a whole season. Players still had bad morale. By the 4th season, a few of my early drafted players started to peak and I grabbed a very young Roger Clemens. What do you know, went on a 10 game winning streak and morale couldn't be better.

In short; Winning Matters!

Last edited by Ultramontane; 01-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Ultramontane is offline   Reply With Quote