View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Need Help Creating a Fictional (Historical?) League

Ok, so I'm assuming what I want to do here isn't possible. However, I'd like to explain exactly what I'd LIKE to do and see how close I can actually get to making it happen.

I want to set up a league with fictional teams and players.

Each team will have a 25-man active roster and a minor league system (necessary size to be determined).

Now here's where it starts to get complicated...

I'd like to start the league with each major league team having about a dozen minor league players that I have created. Each of these players will have names, biographical info, and ratings. All of them are rated so that they will have a realistic shot at making the big leagues. Eventually, I want each of these players to reach the majors. I would like the rest of the minors to be filled with "ghost players" who never reach the majors. Preferably, I'd like to never have to know their names or anything about them, i.e. read about them in news stories, reports, etc.

Every year, I would like to import (preferably automatically) about 5-10 new players that I've created into the league and have each of them eventually reach the majors, as well. Ideally, they could even be imported randomly (random debut?) from my database. I would strongly prefer that each of these players at least start out with the major league team whose farm team I've assigned them to, but I would like them to be able to randomly switch teams via trades and free agency at any time after their big league debut.

And that's the gist of it.

Now, even though I've been playing OOTP practically since the beginning, I've never had an interest in playing an historical replay league. However, I've had enough exposure to the game in general that I have at least a very rudimentary understanding of how historicals work. So if anyone wishes to respond to this, you may assume that I'm at least marginally familiar with the terminology and overall concept. (I'll ask for clarification if I need it, though.)

But given what I (think I) DO know about historicals, a lot of what I'm attempting to do here could be accomplished by running it as an historical league. However, because I want my players to merely have RATINGS and not pre-determined STATS, I don't know if that is possible using historicals.

I've tried thinking of a way to do this - even if it meant manually adding the new players every year - in just a normal fictional league, but that would seem to leave me stuck with all the minor league "filler" players I don't want.

So, can anyone think of a way I can at least come close to setting up and maintaing a league like this?

Last edited by Muzamba; 12-14-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote