View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #14
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I have made it through year one and I am running into some problems. I started in 1901 and I am in 1902.

Settings
Scouting- Off
Overall rating based on AI eval- Unchecked
Ratings based on all players- selected

I did not mess with any modifiers, talent or creation. I did move the draft from November to June.
I did not change financials and selected to auto import financials and league strategy. I am assuming this will adjust league totals.

1) Player Payroll and Team Budget are really far apart. Most team’s payrolls are about 10% of their budget. This only concerns me, it does not
mean anything to me at this point other than being really out of whack.

2) Game Date: Feb 23 1902,
All teams except mine are 30k in the hole. Either they are $30,120 or $30,610. All teams are one of these two numbers. Media contracts are not in the money yet.
Every team has exactly $2,100 in cash. The owners colluded and withdrew from team funds the exact amount each team would need withdrawn to reach $2,100. Weird.
The initial set up has no media contract money so teams have been raided by their owners, cannot sign FAs and do not get a lump sum in the offseason or at the start of the season.

This and #3 are my main concerns. I have read about this in modern leagues but must have missed it in fictional/historical. Should I add media contracts or will the owners just withdraw it and I will be in the same spot next year.

3) Did the draft AI eat paint chips as a child? This is the report on Feb 23rd 1902. I held an inaugural draft and the amateur draft in June. I do not remember my pick in the inaugural, it may have been 1st... or second. I was about 8th in the amateur. Both were straight drafts.
It looks like the AI values pitching so much higher than position players that it selects 20/20 pitchers over significantly better position players.

If any screenshots will help let me know.
Attached Images