View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #151
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

In Summary

This project has been extremely rewarding for me. I am thrilled with the results and it has opened up avenues of thought that I am looking forward to applying in OOTP 14.

I will be creating a new thread for the follow-up run through. I am very excited to see how the numbers play out starting in 1973. I have the inaugural class inducted and will post a summary of that in similar format to what I have done here.

Looking ahead to OOTP 14, I have an idea that I will apply there that uses the same basis for induction, but is not locked rigidly into the historic inductions (5 players in the first year, 3 players in the second year, etc) but retains a basis in history for inductions that can be applied to any size league of any kind with any settings using historical players from straight stats, historical players with recalc, or purely fictional player (which would include historical players coupled with the dev engine). This is not the only thing about which I am excited, but as far as implementing such a HOF selection process into the game, it is HUGELY exciting. Maybe for OOTP 15 or 16.

I have been amazed by the number of views that this thread has garnered. Though I did not start this thread with the intent of drawing an audience or responses, I do admit that when the number of views topped 1000 I smiled in amazement. That there are now 3000 + views tells me that there is considerable interest in what I am doing, and that is very satisfying.

I want to thank all of you who have taken time to follow along. Seeing the views continue to increase over these months helped motivate me to continue with the project on days when I was not 100% enthused about it.

Some of you contacted me through PM with specific questions in order to keep the thread from going astray. I thought that was very cool, and I appreciate that courtesy.

I also appreciated the questions/requests that were posed in the thread itself, and I hope I adequately addressed them in a timely manner.

I will be devoting my time now to the follow-up league and hope to get to the 2013 equivalent year of 2095 before the OOTP 14 release, so I have two complete sets of data to work from for future enhancements.

I will have a few more posts here about this league. To any of you who have been holding back any questions or comments, consider the thread now open for discussion. All of the players are inducted that will be inducted, so there is no longer any thread continuity to be broken.

Thank you, everyone. This has been a neat experience for me. The OOTP community is the best around.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 01-30-2013 at 03:02 AM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote