View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #74
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Thanks for the comments!

The link at the beginning of this thread connects to the DB I'm using - the one Cooley and Stritze put together (with a few minor adjustments). It is a PCL-Only DB - but running alongside the MLB is problematic since any player going from one legue to the other is added correctly but is not removed from the originating league. that half of the equation has to be done manually.

That's why I decided to play the PCL in it's own "isolated" world until 1957. Players would come into the PCL but never leave - unless they retired. Once I am in 1957, then I will attempt to set up a 3 division league (American, National, and Pacific) and play on from there. To do so will mean to erase all the MLB histories prior to 1957 since the real MLB history of that time would include players that played in my PCL (1903-1957). It's not the perfect solution, but much easier than to manually track each player year to year between the PCL and MLB - would spend more time making manual adjustments than playing the game
Thanks, Henry. I'll give it a try. I missed the QS you'd made. When it was just files over in the mods thread, I was daunted.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote