View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #21
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The thing that kills stats only for me is that it is not realistic.

In real life, GMs have stats and scouts. Sometimes, they say opposite things. Part of the skill is sorting that contrary information and weighing which one is right.

Eliminating one source of information is like playing a PGA event without walking the course or knowing the pin placements. No one would do it.
Excuse me, I use both stats and scouts.

Excuse me, knowing a player's precise potential ratings is somehow more realistic? No way.

To SO players, SO is far more realistic than vanilla OOTP. You have to look at the scouting report - not precise potential values that no GM could ever know - and look at the player's stats and make decisions. There is no magic numbers to help you.

To SO players, SO is both harder and more realistic. Which is why some of us like it so much.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf; 08-02-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Edited to be totally civil
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote