Thread: Text to speech
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #35
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooklyn View Post
Unfortunately for me, I have tried what you have suggested, and it still will not recognize the voices for whatever strange reason. You mentioned Windows 7, are you yourself using Win7? I am using win8.

I really would love for this to work, because if it did, I would certainly purchase the IVONA software and a couple of voices, because I love this TTS concept. The default voice I can deal with, but these IVONA voices do sound better.

Edited to add: Ok, I went ahead and gambled and purchased the voice Joey, and thankfully it worked beautifully. I am very pleased with it.
Yeah I'm on Windows 7, good to hear it works on Windows 8.

I love the concept too. Further development of TTS in OOTP15 would be most welcome.

I use Joey mainly although I have also now purchased Kendra which is really smooth and, for me, slightly easier to follow. I've developed a fairly extensive lexicon for Joey which includes all the batting averages plus other changes to help the commentary flow better, PM me your email address if you'd like a copy.

EDIT - Ha, sorry. Typed all that out without seeing your last post. Hopefully this will work if I put in on dropbox...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lish-ivona.lex

EDIT2 - Okay that doesn't appear to work, although you can see the changes I've made. PM me and I'll send a copy.

Last edited by Quinton_Upchurch; 05-10-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Quinton_Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote