View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
yes, i set it 15-18. its not uncommon for players to play at age 19 (prior to the season starting) if i'm not paying attention.
I believe the "eligible to play" age of a player is as of Jan 1, 20xx not his age on the starting day of the season. IE a player that is 18 on Jan 1 and turns 19 on Feb. 1 will play in a HS league that opens on May 1 even though he has turned 19. Someone can correct me if this is wrong I think this is how it works.

This only comes up if you create players in an age range IE 14-18(like when filling a new feeder league with players). Some of the created 18yr olds will have birthdays between Jan1 and your HS season's start date. These guys will play. If you then change your player creation age to 14-14 so you only have incoming freshmen you shouldn't see it again.

If you leave creation at 14-18, like some do, you will always have a few of these players.

Of course this also applies to college leagues using the appropriate age settings.

Couldn't find it doing a search but I believe this explanation was posted in a past version's forum. Please correct me if this is wrong.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote