View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL-Commish View Post
I've never had any big problems with indy leagues existing alongside other leagues, such as MLB and its affiliates. Generally the indy leagues are in smaller cities, or with smaller financial setups. They end up signing lesser players who don't demand as much money. Much like real life.

My universe has 40+ leagues, including the Majors, a third major league, all of the real affiliated minors, five or six fictional indy leagues, some winter leagues, and a bunch of foreign leagues. Except for Cuba, all of the other leagues sign each other's free agents, usually in ways that make sense. The Majors scoop up a lot of the best players, the 3rd major league gets its fair share, some 2nd-tier guys end up in Japan or Korea, and lower level players end up in the US indy leagues or other foreign leagues.
Okay, CBL, maybe you're the person who can help answer my question. My number one complaint is that there is no way to set the various leagues' financials to evolve consistently. Let's say you set your major league to import updated financials each year. Now, if you do the same with your independents, they will simply rise to the same level as your majors. If you don't have the independents import financial settings each year, they either revert to current financials (terrible if you're trying to model the past) or they don't change at all (in which case the majors leave them so far behind that they're no fun any more). Of course, you can have the game not automatically update any league (majors included), and then it's 1940, or 1980, or whatever, forever . . . financially speaking. How do you model financial evolution in your world?
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote