View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #44
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I was actually replying to a prior post.

My point with the POTM and ASG, it's just more high end fabricated ratings. These cards don't seem to represent a true full season. Sure they are good for a month or up to the all star game, but 162 games is a long time. It's like taking a basketball shooter that makes close to 70% of his shots because he might play 2 minutes a game and only shoots high percentage shots. He can't keep those stats up for 40 minutes in a game. These POTM's had a great month, but not sure how there season will end up?
The issue really comes down to "is this a realistic simulation" ? I don't have any doubt that we all agree that was the purpose of OOTP Classic - to be as realistic as possible, but in all fairness that was never the purpose of Perfect Team. Even though I like the game, I have to admit that's the part that rubs me the wrong way; it isn't real enough for my tastes. It's a no-holds-barred "competitive challenge" based on a baseball format.

I guess those of us looking for realism should probably rely on OOTP Classic, and play PT as a sidebar.

PS: If there's one thing I would like to see more than anything else, it would be for the Devs to take another look at getting PT cards into the classic game. That would be awesome.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote