View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #9
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

1. Auction House - agreed... nice improvements overall. Still room for more of course, but steps in the right direction

2. Ootpgo - perhaps a bit ambitious, but I'd rather have them get it right before it's released than rush out a product not ready for prime time. I wouldn't say tourney/ootpgo or even PT were the reason I picked up v20. After spending at least a couple hours a day almost every day poking around the game, the $35-40 spent is a bargain for the entertainment value; so I have no problem picking up the next version when it's released whether or not they meet their own deadlines for content releases.

3. Collections - unless you're Taneleer Tivan and must collect everything, the key to these are finding the ones that *do* provide a better return on investment than it costs to obtain. I ignore any where the reward doesn't fit my theme, and then look at the ones that do and see if the required cards can be obtained for less than the reward is going for in the AH. If so, it's a fun challenge of patience to catch the right AH offer for those cards (and not just jump on the first outrageous offer that shows up... i.e. - I'm not paying 10000 points for an iron card just to finish a collection).

4. Peak players - I don't mind the frankenstein-type cards that splice together the best seasons of a player into an uber card... just wish if that was the plan it would be for all aspects; as many of those cards have worse defense than their 'rookie' or 'historical' card counterparts. If we're going to build the uber version of a player, go all out.

5. Competitive balance - my 2 cents, the best option here is to find like-minded players and use the friend's list to try and keep out the extremes (from either end) that throw off the balance. I'll have to go back through the historical standings to verify, but I don't think I've seen more than four 100+ win teams in a single season in the leagues I've been in; and some seasons there wasn't any team that reached the 100 win mark.

6 & 7. Shorter auction times/non live filter - the long auctions didn't bother me, and while the non-live filter is a nice addition, I use my own search string for specific years which eliminates the live cards anyway. Once the available auctions have been parsed down to just 6-7 pages, it doesn't take long to scroll through for a deal.

8. More cards - I actually like having more cards available, but I'll echo what HRBaker said in that I'd like to see a limit of say 3 card versions per player (so rather than getting a 7th version of Roger Clemens, maybe some other player who doesn't have a card in the game yet gets added). Also echo having the POTM card only be available for one month (make those a more valuable/rare commodity).

9. Zorro - I'll agree the active community members make things more fun, but it's all in how you interact/etc. I'm having more fun with v20 thanks to the group I hooked up with; and assume some/most/perhaps-all of them will migrate to v21 when it comes out and start it all over again. Hopefully if Zorro is still around these parts, he'll make the jump too.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote