View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #54
stevem810
All Star Starter

Tonight's Game

Some good news and some bad news for tonight.

First, the good news. We put the skids on a 4 game losing streak by edging out the Lynx, 2-1. A welcome win after losing all 4 previous contests by a single run. More good stuff....Le Diamant strung together 7 straight wins (franchise record) before losing a pair to our rival Anse d'Arlet. What you may not realize is the parent club Diamonds have more than a trickle down affect on the minor league teams. The whole organization seems to relax a bit when they win, while sometimes pressing if they are losing.

Now, for the disappointing news. And, I will caution this with the caveat that a W is more important than me playing/performing in a game. But, with Alizée in the stands it was a huge let down to not get in the game. When I inquired why I wasn't starting to Hitting Coach Kevin Smith he told me this, " Hey, don't blame Benoit for this one, kid. I recommended he give you a night off. You've played 11 in a row and it was starting to show last game."
Once I heard that, I was okay with it. I put it behind me and cheered for the guys and it must have helped because we got the W. Layne Shears came up big time in earning his 5th win of the year.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 06-06-2018 at 11:07 PM.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote