View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #1035
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Getting this still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyxx View Post
Anyone else on the Steam version having an issue with the Steam overlay randomly appearing, and then crashing?

All four times it's happened it's been in the league creation wizard. It's not happening with any other Steam games, and I definitely (super-double-definitely) haven't opened it myself accidentally. In fact, when I tried (Shift+Tab) it doesn't work.

The overlay just randomly pops up - I should point out that I AM typing when it happens each time, but my fingers are nowhere near Tab (though I think I'm hitting shift when it happens, at least the last two times, to get a capital letter), and then freezes (can't click on anything or get rid of the overlay, and the clock in the top left of the overlay isn't moving).

Really frustrating, as I've tried to set up this league 4 times now. The only way to fix it is to end OOTP via task manager.

This doesn't happen in other Steam games (even Football Manager 2015) and the overlay works fine in other games when I open it myself.

Really weird... As I said, I'm definitely not hitting Shift+Tab, and even when I do that intentionally it doesn't work! No idea what's going on.

Edit: I finally got the league created by typing with one finger, using the mouse instead of tabbing, and using Caps Lock. So it would appear it is a button combination issue, but like I said, I can't make it open the overlay legitimately, so it's still kind of a bug that it sometimes opens it and crashes the game.

Edit2: It just happened again during gameplay (editing an owner, so again I was typing). I set up my keyboard to change the LED colour if I press Tab or Shift, so I can confirm 100% I was pressing shift but had not pressed tab at the time it happened. I was typing "Stein", so... one of those! But I still can't recreate it intentionally.

Edit3: Happened again, was definitely pressing Ctrl+B this time, which does nothing at all normally, so I've got no idea what's up with it.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote