Thread: 1957 Forever
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Basically, the league totals modifiers are designed to ensure that the game is generating overall league statistics that are in line with the real life season from a given year. So, while OOTP simulates individual games and individual player performances, it's also working behind the scenes to ensure accuracy in league-wide totals. This is a simulation system that you won't find in any other product, so it's foreign to most baseball simmers.

I generally advise people to leave the totals alone unless they've developed an expertise on the topic and, for some reason, don't like or don't want the game to use the existing numbers.
I don't mess with league modifiers but have always wondered about this, so I'll ask here: In a season where a player or two (think Ruth in the early 1920's?) accounted for a significant percentage of the league-wide HR's, if that player or two were to get an SEI or CEI early in the season, would the game still "work behind the scenes to ensure accuracy in league-wide totals," thus perhaps overinflating HR totals of other players? Just wondering...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote