Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The neutered HS Spritze stats are based on a very few things

1) The players age
2) the level the player played at while that age
3) the players minor league stats for that year
4) the players major league stats for that year neutered to 750 runs per team per 154 game year

Basically that is it. There are a few other career things but they are pretty minor.
So does this mean that the player's real future peak isn't taken into account? I'm still learning how OOTP imports players - that might be where my issue is.

Say you have two players who at 22 hit .280/.350/.450. One never has a better year the rest of his career. The other in real life got progressively better and peaked at age 29 hitting .340/.440/.575.

If we import both players at age 22, do they end up with the same peak? Or will be second player end up with much better potential?

Also, looking through the help I noticed there are no potentials for fielding, stealing, etc. So if I were creating a player from scratch, should I put in his fielding based on his actual level at the age he is, and the game will develop him naturally? Or do I put in his peak? How does the game know Ernie Banks moves to 1B when he gets older, but Derek Jeter doesn't - assuming I import them both at age 22?

Thanks for any help, would really appreciate any insight.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote