View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

That phrase appears in the editor. So you can put stats in from the 'neutral, modern, major league environment' and the editor will create ratings that match those stats.

There are issues with how the game imports from the Spritze HS DB for the NA players. I think it's because of how the stats were neutralized, especially for years before the player had major league stats. Say a guy who made him NA debut at 22 in 1875 but shows up at 18 in 1871 in the Spritze DB.

Check the pitchers for example, and look at the real life stats from the neutralized database. You can see them under a player's real life stats on his profile page.

Many of the pitchers have the same stats from age 18 through when they debuted in MLB, or stats that gradually improve until the debut, which makes sense.

The problem is that things were changing drastically back then, so copying back worse stats from say 1875 back to 1871 actually results in stats that were pretty good in 1871, even though those same stats would be terrible in 1875. So you end up with a guy like Dory Dean whose entire career was 30 starts in 1876 where he was 4-26 with a 58 ERA+; he comes in as an 55/80 when I import 1871.

Or Frank Abercrombie. His entire career was 0-for-4 with a strikeout in 1871. He made 2 errors in the only game he played at SS. He comes in as a 68/68.

Levi Meyerle - he didn't walk a lot, even for the NA . . . but modern equivalent, he would walk 22x in 550 AB based on 1871-75, the import treats him like a guy that will walk 1x in 550 AB. His eye rating is a 1 on a 1-200 scale.

I turned scouting off, to see if that was the issue, but that's not it. Maybe I'm just misreading some things?
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote