View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
RoyalsBlue
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockne View Post
How long does it take to run A sim like this?
I ran it overnight Jrockne, but I don't think it took the entire night. A lot of it depends on how often you have it set up to save and how much detail you want. The more information you save (box scores, game logs, etc) will make it take longer and of course how much memory/ram/etc you have on your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLoophole View Post
Unfortunately, MLB Network and a lot of other baseball info outlets seem to think the only thing he ever did was put pine tar on his bat. Batting .390 with 24 homers while playing half your games in the pinball machine at Royals Stadium is really something. Never really had a bad season in his career, either... kind of like Musial or Williams that way.

Sorry he didn't become a Royal for you; I freely admit I would have probably assigned him to KC when he came along Your self-control is much greater than mine!
I was bummed, GM, but I really didn't have a whole lot of self-control to be honest. Like I said above, I ran it overnight. Maybe I'll do it again and have the rookies drafted to their original teams and recalculate differently.