View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #307
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
This will be my 3rd or 4th version of OOTP (started with 9 or 10 and skipped 12), and I have to say, I'm disappointed.

Maybe I've just been extremely unlucky, but I'm 4 seasons in and I've had probably half a dozen random, fall-off-the-map regressions from my stud prospects. Literally none of my top prospects have panned out. These were players with top-notch makeup, no injury concerns, no production lapses at lower levels or over-aggressive promotion. They just all of the sudden start to suck. This isn't an issue of the players having poor potential--they've all had top notch potential. That potential just takes a nosedive suddenly, along with current ratings.

It's incredibly frustrating and discouraging, as I'm one that like to build my organization through development of drafted and acquired prospects. It frankly makes me not want to play the game.

Is there something I'm missing? Has their been a change to player development? Are minor league coaches more impactful?
Personally I hate using the default 100 for Talent Randomness Change. I use 50 for Modern leagues. 1 For historical. Also Depends on how good your scout really is. My scout my have had your guy rated as 3 stars or lower.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote