View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #45
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so you know how I said I was almost done? You ever get to a point where you think you're almost done with something and it turns out that you're not? Well, that was me. Anyway, now I really *am* almost done with the first iteration of this - I just need to play through it now and make sure the boxRec ratings work correctly - and then I'll post this somewhere.

I've also added a feature which allows you to choose the sort method for potential opponents:

GOOD_MATCH: This returns the top 5 boxers who have the closest Notoriety (that's a rating based on their boxrec rating and draw power) to the guy you're choosing the matches for.

STEP_UP: This does the same as GOOD_MATCH but bumps up your notoriety by 50% before making the comparisons. In an established universe, this means your guy will be choosing from guys with much better track records than you have right now. If you're just starting out, of course, this isn't going to mean much: you'll be facing guys with a BRR of 6 instead of 3, for instance.

TAKE_A_BREAK: This does the same as GOOD_MATCH only cuts your notoriety in half before coming back with the comparisons.

TOMATO_CAN: This serves two purposes. For an established universe, it's going to return the 5 lowest-rated non-beginners in your "will fight this month" list. If you're just starting out, this will randomly sort all of your beginning boxers... so sort of what the game does automatically except, again, my program will first look at your boxer's conditioning and career stage to determine if he feels like fighting this month at all.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote