View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #30
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPinrose View Post
This is what the manual says:

"Whether you are scouting major leagues, minor leagues, internationally, or amateurs, the basic output is the same: individual scouting reports for the scouted players. However, when scouting internationally, there is also a possibility that your scouting team will turn up a "hidden player," someone from abroad who other teams are not yet aware of. When this happens, you will have a chance to sign the player before any other team.

This "hidden player" feature is an option that can be enabled or disabled during game creation in the Player Options section of the Game Options page. After a game has been created, you can adjust it by navigating to OOTP Menu >> Game Setup >> Player & Picture Options.

If hidden players are disabled, you can still scout internationally, but you will only receive individual scouting reports, and will not be able to find hidden players."

This has led me to believe that international scouting only affects the chance of a scouting discovery.

IFA- scouted as major league

IAFA- scouted as minor league (not amateur)

What's left? The lower levels of foreign leagues. And I don't believe those players are accessible.
I think that is legacy stuff still in the manual they don't really write a new each year.

The hidden player thing doesn't even work that way for many versions now.

Scouting discoveries is something every team gets xxx number of each year if that option is turned on under settings. Almost none of them will be scouted over 1 star. They might pop and gain potential because they can be stored many times for 4-5 years in the International system before getting to your minor league.

It is not effected by international scouting at all. Part of your scouts job is to go find unsigned amateur talent. Their ratings are based on Amateur Scouting until they gain minor league experience and then count as Minor League scouting.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote