View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
SerbianEagle
Minors (Single A)

My thoughts on the game so far

I was rather critical of the first two versions of the game, and in most cases, justifiably so. I have to say that the game is now becoming a "mature game" that no longer feels unfinished like FHM 1 was.

I understand, like with anything, there are growing pains and FHM seems to be existing them.

This game has drawn me in like only two other game franchises have: CM/FM and OOTP...and thats a great thing. I've been known to ditch a game 15 minutes after buying it. With FHM 3, I actually finished the first season with the Oilers in two sittings.

Finished 39-35-8, which was the best season for the team since 2008 roughly. If not for some injuries, and a bad stretch in mid december to mid january...

I am seeing the trades happen at very realistic intervals and also the trades are mostly solid. There is still the odd one that seems out of whack, but we see those IRL as well.

The draft was fun. I traded up to get the guy I wanted. Had to give Winnipeg my first and my second to move up a few spots, but ended up with the guy I wanted.

Injuries are realistic and the frequency seems very good.

I have no played much "in-game" as I tend to simulate so I won't comment on that.

Free agency is ok, but this is one part of the game where i think some improvement is still needed. Its cumbersome to make an offer sometimes. Action --> Ask for response-->Action--->Submit offer or worse yet, Action-->Meet demand--->Action--->Ask for response--->Action---->Submit offer

There has to be a better way. The signings themselves are ok it seem.

I made a offer for Shattenkirk and he chose Toronto.

Overall, very pleased.

FHM1: 5/10
FHM2: 6.5/10
FHM3: 8/10

Keep it up guys!
SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote