View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #12
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger View Post
Monk: How do you do it for your spreadsheets? Or is there something different in 13 than 12 as far as exporting reports?
I'm close to doing my first draft in OOTP-13, so I can't say about that yet, but as I look over my last draft in OOTP-12 I see that I didn't have any quantity problems.

For batters, I limited myself to the top 13 players at each position (which nicely fits into two pages in my spreadsheet, but these were the top 13 players at each position.

There is a 3-step process that I use to get the results that I want...

1] I use a sophisticated Custom View to identify the key traits that I need (see the link listed in post# 3 in this thread).

2] Then I sort the position by the key trait. For example, hitters were sorted by Contact Potential and pitchers were sorted by Movement Potential. Then I import only the players over the minimum number (slightly modified by availability) that I am willing to accept (for batters, the Contact Potential had to be 40+/100; for pitchers, the Movement Potential had to be 35+/100. I doubt that I ever had to import more than two screens for each position.

3] Once in the spreadsheet, I crunched the numbers to get the 4 summary totals columns. Then I manually re-ranked the players according to their T+12 column totals. Any batters who's T+12 totals were outside my top-13 were simply deleted. For starting pitchers I see that I listed 36 players - but I had room for more, so that means that I imported all the starters who were 35+/100. For the relief pitchers, I only had 26 players listed, and I believe that I imported all the closers in the draft (just 5) with the lowest Movement potential being 27/100. The closers draft was so bad I didn't draft any of them (instead, I converted a MR into a closer).

I have a 16-team draft and have found that the top-13 players at each position is more than enough to get me through the draft. If worst came to worst, I could always view the remaining undrafted players with my custom view and make a selection from there.

To summarize, all my position players are squeezed onto 1 sheet of paper (front & back), and all of my pitchers are squeezed onto another sheet of paper (starters on 1 side, relievers & closers on the back side). So with these two sheets plus my draft-day worksheet I'm ready to go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Ambermonk; 04-26-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote