View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #17
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Wesley Metheny

My life after the move was pretty weird. I was there to replace one guy on injury, I fully expected to live out of my suitcase for a week until the injury cleared and then be back to Arizona. But then he came back from the injury and I wasn't sent down, and the next day they still had me starting on the lineup care, and the day after, and the day after. I kept playing until one day I realized I had played damn near every position for the team except pitcher, catcher, and first base. Maybe this stay wouldn't be short term?

Right now the AquaSox were rolling with me as their starting shortstop. Everett’s last shortstop Bryson Brigman was sent up to Clinton the same day I was promoted, then he got sent back to Everett the very next day. Near the end of July he got sent back up and has stuck ever since.

"You move up to Washington State and you forget about your boys?" Speaking of shortstops, my old one was texting me.

"I haven’t even unpacked yet Filly"

"You’ve been up there for two weeks" I hadn’t realized it was that long yet, I quickly looked at a schedule and realized that the Arizona League season had only 17 games left.

"You hear I’m your new competition for SS?" And pretty good competition at that. I had picked up where I left off with my speed numbers, hitting 2 triples so far and stealing as many bases.

"I’m not much competition with my bum leg. Strained my oblique a couple days ago"

"Damn man I’m sorry to hear that" A strained oblique is not a major baseball injury. But with only a few games remaining and Austin Filiere being a 32nd round pick I couldn’t help but worry about his future with the team next year if he had any setbacks.