View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #12
zappa1
All Star Starter

In my opinion to help fix this holding of the ball while the runners advance, is to have the player throw the ball but throw it wide enough that the runner is safe. On all of these plays, the runner is safe, anyway. As soon as I see the fielder hold the ball, I know the runner is gonna be safe. So, have the guy throw the ball but make it a bit wide. I know there is one throw that's an overthrow. That involves an error. A wide throw that's not overthrown is not an error, just a wide throw. Not every throw should be right on a base.

Here is another play that gets me. Lay down a great bunt and the pitcher or catcher throws it away past first base on a bang-bang play. The result? 2 base error. Wrong scoring. Give the batter a hit and an error on the throw. On this play you are taking a hit away from the batter. Now, obviously, if it's a way slow runner and a good throw would have had him, that's a 2 base error. But when you have a bunt where the batter and the throw arrives at the same time, the batter is always giving a hit and goes to second on the bad throw. I would love for there to somehow be an option where I could rescore a play and fix it myself. There are a few other scoring errors, too. Twice in the last week I saw a team get 4 outs. And it didn't involve any catcher interference or a dropped third strike. I was in a 2 out jam and my pitcher struck out the batter swinging and I thought, yeah!, got out of it. Nope. The batter goes to the dugout and the next guy comes up and I'm like, hey!!, he don't get to bat. That's 3 outs!!! Nobody listened to me. No explanation why in the pbp. It was just WRONG.

Last edited by zappa1; 05-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote