View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #37
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Without updates it looks like vapor ware. I mean the initial estimate of release will already be 1 year behind schedule if it comes out this fall.

And I don't think anyone actually cares when it will be released only that it will be released when ready.

Yet I purchase around 25+ games each year and my follow another 100 on steam routinely while they follow their development course. And the vast majority have some kind of routine updates to the public. Either monthly or every other monthly or sometimes even 2 per month.

Maybe if its a AAA game with so much pre hype they can get away without updating the public fan base. But for an Indy game. Its basically unheard of.

Even games in Alpha phase routinely have steam pages so the community can start discussing matters but those devs are releasing updates. I get OOTP has its own forum but asking for something like 15-25 sentences with 1 or 2 screenshots when they are available once a month until release is far far far from unreasonable.

And if the Dev's think it is unreasonable they probably need to adjust their way of thinking. All these different PC store fronts, social media, crowd sourcing its a different age. And in this gaming age the fan base deserves communications.

No one is coming close to asking for a release date. I do think asking for that is unreasonable. But regular updates to the public??? That should be a no brainer.

Like others have said there is now ZERO reason to even check out this sub forum so I guess I won't even be back here until the next official word comes out whenever that may be.