View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #98
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Porzingis may be the second best player from the 2015 draft.

Right now I have it
Townes
Porzingis
Winslow
Okafor

Russell may be good but the Lakers are such a screwed up team and have a mentally incapacitated coach.
He needs to be playing 36 min a game and handling the ball and running the offense.
This year is really a lost year on his development and that is a shame. The Lakers are a ****ing ****show.
I have no idea what their front office is doing

Instead you have the corpse of Kobe handling the ball and sucking up the offense like a black hole and jacking up contested shots.

The Knicks are actually fun to watch.
I don't like Carmelo (his game, not meaning him as a human being). And I don't think he likes that the Knicks crowd is not chanting his name (that was awesome in that game)
In fact I think the Knicks should not worry about going for that 6th playoff seed and instead trade Carmelo and bring in another draft pick and get an actual useable guard.

But what I like the best is that even though Derek Fisher has shown no potential as a coach. I think Phil Jackson has pretty much set down the law that Kris needs to play and needs to be a focus of the offense.

And I have watched enough professional basketball to be able to see that if he avoids serious injury and keeps his head on straight that he can be the 2nd or even 1st best player on a championship team.
I always knew he could shoot and had some athleticism.
But his mentality, aggressiveness, lateral quickness surprise me.
He also already looks polished. He is also already a terror on the offensive glass.
He reminds me of a much more athletic early Kevin Love with much better defense but a much worse inside game.
His inside game can improve as can his defense.
His athleticism is even better than I thought and if he continues to play balls to the wall chasing down even offensive rebound then he has a lot of value.
He is also a fantastic shooter and his size is a real issue. If inside players chase him out to the perimeter he can shoot over them or drive around them or if he becomes a better passer he can pass it back inside.
If a perimeter player comes out to contest him then good luck. His size is so long and his shot release is so high that he is unfazed shooting semi contested shots.

I really like what I have seen so far out of him. I was hoping for the best from him and it is a small sample size but I like some of the trends I am seeing.
He does wonders for New York's floor spacing which has declogged their slow and stagnant offense.
And if he keeps the mentality of being willing to play both inside and outside then we will continue to get 3 offensive rebounds a game and keep the floor spaced.

And Karl Townes
Jesus
What a shame he toiled away at Kentucky for a year only getting to practice for 22 hours a week.
This kid should have been a professional from the time he was 17 with top coaches and unlimited training hours.
He is ungodly good already.

And we get Ben Simmons next year. Another tragic story that he loses a year of his basketball life at LSU.

The NBA is in a great place right now with so many great young players.
If the NBA wanted to push out of 32 teams in the next 8-10 years they have the talent to do so.

Last edited by rudel.dietrich; 11-25-2015 at 01:45 PM.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote