View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 03:01 AM   #1
cowboydan76
Bat Boy

Possible to mask historical player identity until signed?

I'm a total noob here, and so I might not even be looking at this from the correct angle. I'm envisioning this: I start from a historical point with those historical rosters as they existed in whatever year (let's say 1901). From there, I would like players to become available for free agent signing (or draft or whatever mechanism prevails at the time for acquiring new players) according to their historical availability...but with a twist. When Babe Ruth becomes available, I don't want to necessarily know he's BABE RUTH(!!!). I want his initial skill and his potential to ultimately be historical and I want to be able to approximate his possible value based on scouting, but I don't want to have the jump on my AI competitors by knowing who he is and who he will likely become via hindsight.

I'm sure I'm asking too much, but is there maybe a feature or mod out there that allows me to either randomize or hide historical players' names and bio info until they are signed and only at that point show us who we've got? Is such a mod even possible?
cowboydan76 is offline   Reply With Quote