View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Satyr
Bat Boy

[OOTP8] That first day message...

I can follow a baseball game without problems, I understand most of the rules and tactics, but that's it.

So, when I started a new game with the free version of OOTP8, I had no idea what to do when I read this:

'The Pittsburgh Pirates have a player designated for assignment whose DFA time runs out today. He must be assigned or released. Please go to the team transaction screen, select the DFA & Waivers area and handle the situation'

I did see a few guys on that list, but I couldn't do too much, either releasing them, or assign them to a affiliate. But the problem is, I have 7 players on DFA, but 6 of them have to be on the 40-Man Roster, which is already filled. And the worst players on the 40-Man Roster have the right to refuse a demotion. Anyway, I decided to release the six least expensive players.

My point: For a newbie or anyone not too familiar with those rules, this is a difficult start for a game. The Help function doesn't work (error), the 'Action, ask AI to complete organization' actually added an extra player to DFA.
Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote