Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #651
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
The NFL doesn't give a bleep about character. Only talent. We are talking about the same team that signed Kareem Hunt,

But personally, I don't believe he deserves a lifetime ban or to get fired. One of the things I loved about my dad was that he never punished us for some of the worst stuff we did. Because he could see the fear, shame, remorse or all of the above in our faces & knew we wouldn't do it again. That's what discipline is for. To correct & prevent it from happening again.

Garrett's post game reaction leads me to believe he is sorry for what happened. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't believe he'll come close to doing something like this again. The suspension gets more use as a warning to the rest of the NFL not to cross a similar line. I think he will, and should, play for the Browns again. I don't believe someone should be eternally punished for one terrible mistake that didn't take or ruin a life.
Kareem Hunt did NOTHING wrong, he got called the n-word by some white woman. That's why it got turned into a 6 game suspension.
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote