View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

A bit about a dynasty

The following list was compiled using a method Bill James came up with. I wanted to see how the information would translate to the FABL.

I had a lot of fun putting this together. Our quickest dynasty belonged to the Baltimore Clippers. Winning over 100 games and the World Series in consecutive years will do that to a franchise. The Baltimore team burned hot though and was dust after two seasons.

Other dynasties had a slow burn. Montreal for instance falls into that category. Montreal's dynasty started in 1914 where they earned a point for a 90 win season. In 1915 they won the title getting them to 6. 1916 they got to 9 with a World Series appearance. Then 1917 and 1918 were non-qualifying seasons (18 being the worst as they finished below .500) and they lost 5 points combined dropping their total to 4. One more non-qualifying season and they would be out. Of course they bounced back in 1919 with a World Series appearance. 1920 was a non-qualifier, so they were down to 5 points total but finally got to 10 points (Dynasty qualifier) by winning the 1921 World Series. After that they had three straight non-qualifying seasons and the run was over. Runs end at the last positive year of earned points.

The Pittsburgh Miners (1898-1907) were another team that had a long run of dominance and put up 14 dynasty points. The top spot though belongs to Boston. The Minutemen's dominance from 1902-1906 has yet to be matched in the FABL. Although, the current incarnation of the New York Stars are close and their dynasty is still going. So far their high water mark is 15 points but they have a chance to hit 19 points with a 100 win season and a World Series win. A six point season is exceedingly rare as Baltimore is the only team to accomplish the feat, and they did it twice. This feat may be more attainable going into the future if the FABL decides to increase the number of games played in a season.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812

Last edited by Hrycaj; 10-22-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote