View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
One question: Do I need to adjust the "GAME day" lines to account for the All-Star Game being pushed back a day? Right now, game days 106-109 are being skipped as part of the All-Star Break. Should I adjust that so that there are games scheduled for Day 106 and breaks scheduled for days 107-110?
No, do not adjust all the individual GAME lines. The All-Star Break will still be the 4 days of 106-109, it would just be that the ASG itself would be on the 3rd day of that break instead of the second.

Quote:
For the LRS, what would be the disadvantages of keeping the league start on the first Monday on or after May 1? Knowing that would probably determine my answer. Part of my goal is to minimize the gap between the start date of the two leagues. If the LRS start date stayed where it is, their Spring Training would be starting right as the PEBA began regular season play, which would be ideal. However, if leaving the LRS start date where it is causes major scheduling problems (like too many off days or incredibly long road trips), then yes, I'd consider pushing the date back.
As much as possible I want to keep the schedule in its completed structure because that is so much easier than having to break it apart and piece it back together. For the PEBA, if it was a house as that would be done with the above change is basically giving it a little different address (changing start date) and putting the Christmas tree near a different window (changing the day for the ASG). The house as a completed structure is not being moved or changed at all.

For the LRS, what I was suggesting in the shift was like the changing the address. There is another option. To make the season a half-week (one series) longer I can take away the 4th game from three series between opponents who play 4-game series against each other and use those to build an addition 3-game series. That will be easy and like thinning out Christmas lights to be able to cover a little more of the house (making offdays a little more common through the schedule to add to its length).

Shifting the All-Star Break by 3 is a little bit more work, but I think not too bad in just shifting series. Like moving a door to a different place in the wall. I expect the same as for the PEBA for the ASG - making the break 4 days and putting the game on the 3rd day (Wed). I think that your concern about games moving to Monday before an All-Star Game on Wednesday is unfounded and based on thinking that the ASG has to be the 2nd day of the break. It can fall anywhere, even outside the break if one is not careful! As long as you are okay with the Mon-Thu break with Wed game it should be fine.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote