View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Three schedule requests for one online universe

First, let me apologize in advance for this large and complex request, especially since I'm not sure if multiple schedule requests are permitted in one post. I was surprised to learn that I couldn't use the in-game schedule to create interleague/unbalanced schedules, so I'm turning to the expert. I'm new to custom schedules so I hope I'm providing the proper information. If there's anything else you need from me, just let me know.

I have three schedule requests, each for our online league (PEBA). One is for our Japanese LRS league, the second is for that league's AAA system, and the final is for the main PEBA league itself.

League of the Rising Sun (LRS)
Structure - 12 teams, 2 subleagues, each with 1 division and 6 teams
Interleague - Enabled. I don't know how much customization is allowed here, but I'll put forth my preferred setup:
  • Two separate 12-game interleague sessions, both featuring 2-game series against each team in the opposing league. Session #1 would be scheduled to start the first Monday in June at subleague A's home parks; session #2 would be scheduled to start the first Monday in July at subleague B's home parks. Ideally, both sessions would wrap up within 2 weeks.
All-Star Game - Enabled. Ideally it would be scheduled for the second full week of July.
Game start times - A mix of day and night would be nice, though not required.
Series length - Either 3 or 4 game series would be just fine (of course if we can get the 2-game interleague series as well, that'd be perfect).
Schedule length - 144 games
Season start/end dates - This is where I could use some help. The scheduling demands of our league require that we start (and, more importantly, end) at a certain time. The preferred kickoff time would be the 1st Monday in May, but that's somewhat flexible (although starting on a Monday would be best). Much more critical is that the season wrap up in mid-October. We'll be utilizing a 2-round playoff (7H; 2H/3A/2H). What I'm shooting for is for the 2nd (championship) round to begin at the end of October (right at the same time the championship round is ending in our American league). My tests indicate that this will work if the LRS regular season ends around Oct. 16.

Minarai Doumei (MD)
Structure - 12 teams, 1 subleague, 2 divisions, 1 with 7 teams and 1 with 5 teams
All-Star Game - Enabled
Series structure - Unbalanced
Schedule length - 120 games
Season start/end dates - Should start on the same day as the LRS. End date should be in mid-September.

Planetary Extreme Baseball Alliance (PEBA)
Structure - 24 teams, 2 subleagues, each with 2 divisions (6 teams/division)
Interleague - Disabled
All-Star Game - Enabled. Ideally it would be scheduled for the second full week of July. If it could be synced up so that both the PEBA and LRS All-Star games fall in the same week, that would be perfect.
Game start times - A mix of day and night would be nice, though not required.
Series length -
Either 3 or 4 game series would be just fine.
Series structure - Balanced. It would be outstanding to have intradivisional match-ups dominating the last month of the season.
Schedule length - 162 games
Season start/end dates - Again, trying to coordinate the schedule so that it works in tandem with the LRS. The preferred kickoff time would be the 1st Monday in April (flexible, but again a Monday start is best). The key is to wrap up at the very end of September (the 30th, if possible). With our 3-round playoff system, that would allow us to conclude the playoffs no later than Oct. 31. If everything works to perfection, the LRS will be beginning its championship right when the PEBA is concluding its own.

Again, my apologies if this is too much detail and/or too much work. I'm thankful for anything that can be done with the info I've posted here.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote