Thread: Sumo
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 12:42 AM   #148
Magus978
All Star Starter

Turns out I've been sloppy today...just not felt up to doing much. Should be back on form for a big day 14. I'll give my thoughts to sum up today...

- Feels like Enho's gonna throw away a kachi-koshi at this rate. The rank loss would be minimal, but my heart would be broken for him.

- Wouldn't it be something if Tsurugisho wins the yusho? Having won the Juryo yusho in the summer, and upon his return to makuuchi, wins this title as well. I do not believe it's ever been done before.

- You've still got 5 at 9-4 who are very much in the race. If anyone's gonna come out of that 9-4 chase pack to win this thing, it'll be Asanoyama or Goeido.

- I have been saying all tournament that this is probably Tochinoshin's last stand. He must win out to save his Ozeki rank, and I believe if he loses either tomorrow or Sunday, he will retire. The knee is just busted up so badly that he can't put any pressure on it and it's killing him in the ring.

- I will make a bold prediction now...we will have a playoff. AT LEAST a 3-way playoff, like the one we saw in the summer in the lower divisions. If chaos ensues, we will get a day 16 as well. Let's hope for chaos. That or a Tsurugisho victory

Proper service resumes tomorrow with day 14 action. Hakkeyoi!!!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote