View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #13
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Sunday, January 7, Year I

OF/2B Rob Watrous (33-R) signed a 1 year contract with us for $350,000.

And with that, our team is pretty much set for the coming season. The fielders and Bullpen are fairly locked in place, barring injury. We will use Spring Training to decide which 5 starting pitchers will make the roster and which will begin the season in Vancouver (AAA).

I must admit that I have not transformed the worst group of hitters in Baseball into a run scoring machine. The only additions I made to the starting 8 are that we will have a new double play combo and neither of them are big hitters. I added 4 new faces to the bench. The Bullpen will not be any better than last season; newly added ace fireman Antoine Redd is not as good as departed ace fireman Jesse Adcock. Where I did most of my work on the active roster was in the Starting Rotation. Of the 5 pitchers who threw over 100 innings for the Beavers last season, only 1 is still on the team. None of the new arms I have added are proven talents, however, and we will have to wait and see if the work I did was in vain or not. It is hard to imagine that a rotation full of rookies will be exceptional, though.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote