Thread: New features!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #288
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
NBA 2K is a sim...NBA Jam is an arcade basketball game
Madden is a sim (it's really not although they claim to be)...NFL Street is an arcade game
The Show is sim...RBI baseball/super mega baseball are arcade baseball games.

The point of these games is to simulate running a team, you dont ever have to play the actual games to get that experience. If you never play a single game in an MLB The Show Franchise mode is it still an "arcade" game?

To further illustrate this, there are racing games that are considered sims (Project Cars), and some that are considered arcade racers (Burnout). They all require the player to control the car either using a controller or racing wheel. The difference is one is more realistic than the other. Thats what the deal is here too. The Show is more realistic than Super Mega Baseball. OOTP is more realistic than The Show. They can both be considered sims. You don't ever have to play the actual game of The Show and just be the GM (like I used to do when I played The Show), it just doesnt have the same depth as OOTP. Is it still an "arcade" game then?

If the 3D in OOTP never improved beyond what it is now, I personally wouldn't mind, I don't play OOTP for the experience of playing out games, (I only play out my teams playoff games and a handful of regular season games) although I know that some do, so the 3D experience should go further to satisfy that crowd, just like how I expect GM AI to continue to be improved. There doesnt have to be a war here, people.

Last edited by wallewalls; 03-14-2019 at 03:26 PM.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote