View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:15 AM   #25
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Whoa! You're still getting some extreme seasons on both sides of the ball. However, you are only through your third season now. Things should start to balance out eventually. Maybe that's just one of my OCD ticks shining through though. Carry on. Keep it going.
Slowly but surely, the extreme performances are normalizing. I think part of the issue was that in the first season, virtually every team had multiple sub-replacement level players getting regular playing time, and in order for the stats to normalize, the best players looked that much better. By my count, the number of position players with 9+ WAR went from 28 in year 1 to 15 in year 2 to 9 in year 3, and the number of players with sub -2.0 WAR dropped in half from year 2 to year 3. Also, keep in mind that with 48 teams, I should have twice (or even three times, depending on when you start) as many outliers...

One strange thing I noticed was a leaguewide offensive spike for 2013 -- I'm playing with 1977 stats, and the leaguewide ERA's jumped by about 0.60 runs per game. My guess is that was attributable to 1977 being an expansion year in real life.
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote