View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox2013 View Post
Well, that stinks. To me, the point of playing an historical game is to take over in a given season, then manage from that point forward. Without real contracts, then that kinda kills the realism of an historical league and makes it not much more than a fictional league using real players.

Guess I'll be playing just the standard game for '19, then.

EDIT: I found an 18 quickstart that starts in 2014. Imported that to 19. That works. Still would be nice to have actual contracts for at least the modern historical games.
Having Historical Contracts would be great but it's an insanely massive undertaking. Think about it...

You have 1871 - 2017. You also have players constantly changing contracts every few years or even year to year depending on when you start. Now you throw in every single historical player plus the new Minor League players, some of whom may've been signed to varied contracts themselves upon being drafted. Then you also have team payrolls to try and figure out, because those would be affected by the player salaries.

That's all assuming you can find actual, realistic contracts for every single player, every single season, and ignore any contracts that may have additional incentives.

I appreciate the realism but I'm A-OK with not having super perfect contracts for my historical players, especially if you may want to alter the Financials at any point in your league history.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote