View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
Thanks for the help. I don't plan on needing more pitchers per team than were realistic, I don't want to run a 5 man rotation in 1873 or anything.

I don't think I want fictional players, but I wouldn't mind some in the lower leagues - I plan to set up unaffiliated minor leagues. I know there is the option to keep them from ever reaching the majors, but I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with some making the majors if they were replacement level types.

With the Spritze DB everyone comes in at 18? I thought they'd come in when they first reached the pros (i.e. signed or drafted year), not necessarily 18 if they went to college. Is there a different DB I want for that?

As far as development, I was planning to have them develop the OOTP way, not to recalc each year. I was going to have potential ratings based on real life peak seasons. Based on this, how would you recommend I have the defense and pitcher stamina calced?

Thanks a bunch for your help, really appreciate it.
of course spritze is the main guy for this...
but short answer. he has a few different databases. one set of db's are for a player's entry year to the majors
another db is called a hsdb, come in out of hs at 18
those db's can also include negro league, japanese and minor league players- that is why given you wanted maybe a larger league 24 teams or something, you can do that with the bigger spritze hs db's

having on develop might give you some strange things, as long as are ok with babe ruth only hitting 40 homeruns, and a guy who played 1 season hitting 700
if you still want to do development but not have that rating change too much you can drop the talent randomness changer in the game options. the setting is 100 but i never use that. even in a fictional league i have it at 20 or lower (ie meaing potential ratings change 1/5 the time than 100)- for something like this if yuo don't want those numbers to change too much, only for a few select players- try 10 or even 1. something you have to test a few times to see what works best for you

pitcher stamina and defense should probably be where they are set at for each year, if you will play through that way and not trying to "massage" the overall stats for your league
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote