View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 05:53 AM   #38
bdennis2
Minors (Triple A)

That is a handicap to rating fighters take Cooney -Homes fight i have the tape and have watched it over and over even counted the punches punches landed Holmes had a small edge in punches landed in the 1st 8 rds Cooney had a edge but Holmes started to take over but my point is in the game Holmes is rated either b/s hp 7 25 3pt Cooney slugger hp 9 36 3pt blows but if you watch the fight Holmes land a lot higher 3pts than Cooney. I never go by the chart in rating fighters hitting power and hard effected punching are to defferent things.I have rerated a bout 1/2 of the heavyweights in the game and a few other fighters.my rating for Holmes the only things i changed i have him as a boxer
until 1983 when his legs srarted to go then he would go eitherway hp 5 not 7 most off his stoppages were tko not ko's but i rasied his 3pt punches to 35 not 25 punches landed 41 counter punches 44 pt 59 clinch 67 def -3 Cooney i keep his hp at 9 raised PL 39 3pts i dropped to 25 not 35.Some fighters might fit the mold but in order to have true ratings you have to have flexabilty.The game needs to have a rating for 3pt punching and rating for hp not both together Harry Greb hp=4 3pts =10 noway that is right at MW i HP stayed at 4 i raised 3PTS to 30 at LHW HP 3 3PTS 25 .The chart is a good guide line for
those that are just starting to rate fighters
bdennis2 is offline   Reply With Quote