View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #85
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
One thing to keep in mind here is, you will be going from 1976 when teams average 93 homers a season to 1919 when teams averaged 27. 1920, 39. 1921, 59. Also, when you play a season like 1921, don't expect to have a home run leader like Babe Ruth that crushes 50+ home runs. Instead OOTP will have to spread those 900 some home runs over the entire league. So you just might end up with a league leader with 20 or less home runs.
Don't forget about 1930 when offense goes cuckoo bananas. A .296/.356/.434/.790 slash line for MLB with 5.55 R/G across the league? Hard pass for me thanks. JaBurns, if you want to stabilize stats output stick to one season. If you want it to be all over the place (maybe you do, I'm not sure), go for that. I don't understand why you'd want to stabilize it through the deadball era, and then release it to the whims of ever changing LTMs, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I suppose you could do it, but I have no idea what sorts of results you'll get. Maybe it'll work to your satisfaction, and that would be great. It's up to you. It's your game. Play it your way. Not saying my way of doing it is the one true way, but it is the way that I like the stats from my games to be. It adds to my enjoyment when offensive stats aren't whacked. I think it keeps things stable, but I could be totally wrong about that. T'wouldn't be the first time. T'wont be the last.

Last edited by actionjackson; 05-31-2018 at 10:47 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote