View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #21
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Thanks Mr. Watts I hope that works when I start my big boy league.

Just finishing 1917 in my test league. Found out that extra free agents appear on October 1st. Had ~ 60 appear on 1 Oct 17. I tried selecting them all and moving them to the draft pool but I cannot figure out how to do it....

Learn something new every day.
I figured you might have trouble with that. The only way I can see around it is to do your favourite activity: Importing, so hopefully David Watts' technique works.

Import the guys from the default database, using the player ID provided in the Editor tab of the player card, and looking them up in the MLB Master to get the year one year before the player's debut season located in the "Debut" column (Column Z in the Master.csv file). That's a helluva lot of importing though, which might result in a JaBurns meltdown. Import them into your draft pool (checkbox on the import feature). Once you have them all there, purge the delinquent free agents from your game by right-clicking and deleting them. Yeah, David Watts' technique is much more simple, provided it works, which it seems to, so I'd go with that.

Last edited by actionjackson; 05-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote