View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #30
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Age limits / restrictions don't work 100%, this has been the case for a while now. All of the college leagues have age limit parameters set out of the box, and like explained, JuCo's are 18-20 vs 18-22.

In order to achieve what you're looking for, you want ONE unified draft pool, which is possible via Associations but is a complete cluster when done with leagues the size of NCAA-DI in addition to the others. The only way to get ONE draft pool that feeds the MLB is to associate the college leagues but this totally breaks "recruiting" and drafting for the college leagues.

No, age limits alone will not drive the type of player movement / logic you're looking for nor is there any easy way to have geographic centric players stick to their local area (California HS player going to CA college).

There's currently no way to my knowledge to associate a "region" with a specific draft pool, and this is something I've really looked into other than modifying xml's or txt files, which isn't something I'm going to be doing right now.
Ive been looking at your quickstart as well as re-reading these last couple posts and brainstorming a bit.

From what I can see, all college leagues feed into the draft pool and through age restrictions, facilitate player movement with the use of Free Agency, correct?

If so, what if the high school leagues were set up the same way as the college leagues are so they all feed into the MLB draft, and if undrafted they use free agency to sign with colleges or independent leagues? I say this because players already use free agency to move around in the college ranks, so wouldnt it be the same way if high school leagues were set up the same way, just acting as high schools through the mostly working use of age limits?

Sorry if it somewhat confusing to understand. But what im getting at is setting up high school leagues the same way college leagues are set up, having them all feed into the MLB similar to how its currently done, and then instead of using the draft as "recruiting," allow those undrafted high school players to move to colleges or independent leagues through the use of free agency instead. Would that work?

---Also, when I ask this im only looking for your knowledge on this for advice. I'm in no way expecting you to work on this theory at all.

Last edited by itsmb8; 01-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote