View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:23 PM   #131
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Stieb finished the 86 season 19-10 2.94, 212 strikeouts, 1.16 WHIP, 133 ERA+. Indianapolis made the World Series once again, this time against the Chicago Hooligans. Stieb pitched and lost the first game of the series. Sad to report, he also strained his forearm in the game and missed the rest of the series. Indianapolis would go on to win the series in 7 games.

No players were inducted into the Hall following the 86 season, but get this, Lou Whitaker received 74.6% of the votes. So damn close. Hank Greenberg received 73.3 and Jim Kaat received 69.9. Johnny Mize received 63.6.

Interesting draft class imported. Lefty Gomez, Jeff Burroughs and Willie McCovey. McCovey went 1st to Pittsburgh, Burroughs 2nd to Cleveland and Gomez 4th to Toronto. Buffalo actually picked Octavio Dotel with the 3rd pick.

Rick Porcello was also part of the draft. Will be interesting to follow his career.
You must have "Use pre-defined draft value for AI" checked. I do too, and I love it because it keeps the AI from being stupid. In this case, McCovey's draft value is 2588, Burroughs' is 1689, Dotel's is 1572, and Gomez' is 1376, so it did it properly. I'm not sure how Dotel is valued more highly than Gomez, but he did play 15 seasons, while Gomez played just 14. Still, I would've thought that a SP was far more valuable than a RP, wouldn't you? With McCovey and Burroughs, their draft values are exactly equal to the number of games they played in the big leagues. Something fishy about that because McCovey was a far better ballplayer than Burroughs...Seems like a lazy way out to me, and not a very accurate way of doing things...Oh well. Must mean the OOTP player can steal a stud like Trout or Harper kind of easily. Hmmm...

...Good to hear about Stieb. Hope he keeps it up, and goes to the HoF like he could've IRL if his stupid win total had been higher. Pitching wins...Aargh! Kill the win I say! Oh well, I guess he'll have to be happy with the Hall of Merit and the Hall of Stats for now and maybe one day the HoF in David Watts OOTP random debut historical game? Yeah...That's the ticket! Mr. Whitaker will get there next time around. Greenberg, Kaat, and Mize probably too. How many more times on the ballot do they have?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote