View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #39
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
from a coding standpoint everything is done with the Engine itself, right now Jeff and I tweak it so we can cover all the different league setups. As an explanation: we wrote a parser for the NHL pbp files and calculated all important stats from it as base values for the engine (like goals per game, pp/sh goals per game, hits, penalties, ta, ga, shots blocked, shots missed. In case of shots we also record the position on the ice from where the shot is taken and compute different success rates). All other leagues don't have such detailed data available, so we take, what we can find from that leagues (in most cases goals, penalties, fights) and compute the rest from the NHL data.

One problem the old engine had was high scoring setups (like the QMJHL with almost 7 goals per game) and we make sure the new engine can handle this.
This is a common FHM bad practice too.....after the damage is done, then release a comment/etc on what's being asked about. Why didn't you write this the first time you were asked about the Match Engine patch?

Unfortunately given that the Match Engine was mentioned back in January of 2014, I would have expected the above somewhere in 2014, not late May 2015.....and if I accept "it'll be done when it's good enough" and I accept your repeated explanation that it was/is so hard to do, it's really hard to understand why you spend any time at all posting when the Match Engine patch is so delayed

And if you're wondering why is this happening again? the answer is you again took the PR route and not the product route. I see Cole saying "Stay tuned and there will be more information, screen shots and details to come" I think no no no! Just release a product that's worthy, and let the product be the PR. It's the OOTP/FHM PR style that's getting you into the difficulties you're experiencing IMO (I think for many it really is offensive to see the developer PRing FHM2 while the Match Engine patch for FHM1 is still not out...doesn't make one think anything's been learned)

I think what many people suspect is it's going awful (because it's so delayed, and you're still saying how hard it is)...last October you guys weren't capable of seeing you still weren't close to releasing anything when you first started up the PR machine - why should I believe this time is going to be any different? Just like October turned into May and still nothing, May could turn into Christmas right? or 2016? You guys really don't have a clue when it might be ready/worthy do you?