View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #93
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by malichai11 View Post
Besides agreeing with Skep about everything he's saying for the reasons he's saying them, I noticed today that you flattened out the prizes for the tournaments and I feel that's a big mistake. There was this fun psychological thing going on where a player noticed that you win 4 packs for winning a bronze tournament, 5 for silver, and I assume 6 for gold (I didn't check, I was grinding at bronze, and 7 for diamond.) It's more expensive to compete in the higher categories so it felt like you were working for something at those lower tournaments so you can someday compete in the higher tournaments. By flattening the rewards you've taken away the growth factor of the tournaments.

It is more expensive to compete at those higher levels. It felt like a reward if you could put together a team to compete at silver as opposed to bronze, and I assume it feels even better once you can compete at gold. You also flattened out those weird side tournaments that used to reward 3 as opposed to 2 for those 16 team no-live tournaments, which made sense to me, because those are also more expensive to compete at than the pure silver tournaments. Just like gold is more expensive to compete at than silver and silver more expensive to compete at than bronze, their rewards should be just a bit higher. Maybe you're worried about the rich getting richer, but man, as one of the poor, I don't mind. Reward those people who are investing their time and/or money and/or brain power. So please, bring back the growth for tournament rewards.
Game economies, and teambuilders, are about progression. That has to be an emphasis in the reward structure. I think it's a no-brainer to apply that philosophy here, and I certainly hope they get that message for the next tournament adjustment.

Also everything skep said is absolutely on the nose, and the devs have to understand that they don't have the playerbase for a hundred different formats. And if your big weekly tourney doesn't fill, pushing it back a week is about the worst possible solution. I would even take "tourney's cancelled, here's the new reward for next week" over just rescheduling it a week later.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote