View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:17 AM   #119
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap. They fricking did it.
Watched the game at Busch Stadium, even on the jumbo tron it was tough to find the puck at times and the sound system in Redbird Club was not turned up loud enough to really hear. Especially, as the game went on and it became more apparent things were going to go the Blues way.
But it was an electric atmosphere and the fans were troopers sitting through two rain showers.
I moved to StL in 2001, and while baseball is my hardcore sport I do follow the Blues, know the team and understand the game.
So it was a sureal experience and one I am glad to took part in.
But to see fans in tears who have followed the franchicse since its inception in the mid-1960s, it wasn't hard to follow them down that same trail.
By the way, before Game 6, there was a commercial where they showed Blues anthem singer Charles Glenn at a STL hospital singing Gloria to a group of newborns. The Stanley Cup also was in the room.
One of the babies was Vladdy Tarasenko's son and the one next to him was the grand daughter of the woman who sat next to me during the game. Her grand daughter certainly has a memory for a life time.

Last edited by rink23; 06-13-2019 at 03:21 AM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote