View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #82
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
So my real question is if it is possible to have major and minor league players import yearly without using the historic minor league teams? I do not want to individually import each player because I am too old and impatient for that kind of thing! We can create up to five levels of minors when creating a league, so I'd like that option for employing minor league guys. Is anyone with me on this? Or am I missing something totally?
the only way i know, well, is a lot of work. by going through the .csv files, year by year, creating a text file and importing the players to either the draft pool or Free Agency (i put them in the draft pool.). i also just use the minor league .csv so i don't get duplicate names - probably missing a few that never played in minors ... but it's easier than trying to go through the lists and editing out duplicate player names.
but that way i can import real minor/major leaguers into my fictional world.

but i don't know of an easier way to do this. my method is lots of editing and typing, probably more time creating the lists than playing the game. not what your looking for i realize, but i thought i'd share at least one way it could be done ... i do have a small write up somewhere on my computer on how i do it, if you're ever interested.

good luck and hope someone has a quicker way and shares it.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote