Thread: StatsLab12
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #67
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Hi all,

I've been on vacation with only intermittent internet access. Here are some responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
Two questions: For the export tracker, it says "/game/lgexports/vMLB.lg.tar.gz" because my file is vMLB.tar.gz, how do I stop it from assuming there's a .lg at the end?
On the StatsLab Admin screen, under Export Tracker settings, in the League Name field, enter vMLB.tar.gz, and StatsLab will use that extension rather than the old OOTP11 default of .lg.

Quote:
What SQL files do I have to upload after every sim and which ones every year, etc.?
The ones with "history" in the name are only needed every year. The rest of the ones specified in the read me are needed after every sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
I can only answer the second part. You need to upload all SQL files needed ( the ones listed in the PDF) after every sim. Should only be 10 megs or so when zipped up. You need to run everything except for career metrics and player development and similarity scores after every sim. Run all 3 on the last day of the baseball year (before the end of the actual year)
No. Development should be run whenever you want to see that updated. Run Career Position, Park Factors, Season Metrics after every sim. The others are only needed at the end of the year. FWIW, Win Share can be run whenever, but don't really make sense until the season is completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo View Post
Does Statslab work in a scouting league? I watched one of the videos fidel put together on how to install StatsLab, but about 1 min in he said something about how if you are in a scouting league, that statslab is not applicable. Is this true? If so, are there other tools and utilities that mirror it?
StatsLab can't handle player ratings in a scouted league, however there are plenty of features in StatsLab you can still use. You can hide the ratings easily from the StatsLab admin page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo View Post
Hello..I got through the installation of stats lab...its just that my screens look weird. Is this how everybody elses looks?
The path to your league HTML is incorrect in your StatsLab admin screen.

Quote:
Another question, after every sim do you still have to load the SQL files in a particular order like you did before or can you just load them all at once? Also, what post-load functions should you run each time?
You can load the SQL files in any order after initial installation. By default, StatsLab loads them alphabetically.

Quote:
I tried loading the new files I uploaded, like half of them work fine but some of them have an error, I reuploaded the games.mysql.sql file but it still shows the error when I try to load it:
Does your games.mysql.sql file have a line at the top to DROP the table and then to CREATE the table? If not, check those options in the OOTP12 SQL configuration. They're new to OOTP12.