View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #36
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
How can I import certain Japanese players that may not have played in MLB before into my setup, by any chance? Players like Sadaharu Oh, for instance? I have tried to import them into at least one of my current game setups, but I seem to be unable to do so at this time, at least. Or how can I perhaps add them to a manually-created draft pool or something, somehow, if I may ask? Please advise as soon as possible, if and when you like, folks, if you don't mind too much here. CD out.
You'll need the latest Spritze DB for this as currently Japanese leaguers are not even in the MiLB Database for OOTP18. I think they are being put in for OOTP19, but don't quote me on it. PM Spritze if you want to know the details for sure. As for others that didn't play in MLB like Negro Leaguers, PCL players etc, they should be in there. Open up the MiLB Master.csv file in your stats folder in your OOTP18 Baseball folder and look up the BBrefMinorsID (Column B), and the year the player debuted (Column Z). Import the player by putting his ID in the spot for his ID and the year before the debut year (if you're putting him in the draft because the draft is always held the year before the player debuted). Example below is Satchel Paige with a debut year of 1926, which gets him into the game as a 20 year old.
Attached Images
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote